Work Abroad but earn in USD

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Just In Case You Didn't Believe Me The First Time...

Continuing in my series of responding to the two very longcomments made by several Argentine readers, I begin today with soccer. Let me first display the readers' comment below for everyone to see.

Reader's Comment

Well let me start with my comments. The first one must inevitable be related with your "PorteƱos and their Soccer Madness" post. I would ask you nicely but firmly, that you put the proper name of my football (there is only one real use of the word football) team, "Boca Juniors", at least when you refer to it for the first time in your writings. You can continue to refer to it as "Boca" as long as you have previously referred to it as "Boca Juniors" at least once, whenever you are writing about "us".

It is important to mention that this rule only applies to the greatest and ever best team of Argentina: again "Boca Juniors". I would also encourage you to presence a Boca - River match in the Boca Juniors Stadium. I am sure that you will be able to see and "feel" the difference quite notably, having been in the Gallinero (namely the River stadium, sorry no link!). It has been labeled as the number 1 world sport event from the 50 sporting things you must do before you die by The Observer/The Guardian, one of the most important newspapers of the UK.

Another Argentine Reader Responds

As for the post above mine, please delete all those links to "Boca". I will hate to see your nice endevour turned into an argentine spam house.

So, The Soccer Madness Has Arrived At My Blog

I'm sure everyone can see by the first post that they take their soccer very seriously south of the equator. I will also inform the first reader that I have indeed seen a soccer match in the "Boca Juniors" stadium. Although I didn't see them play River (or "River Plate" for purists, I don't want to be accused of favoritism here), I did see them play Chile. I was surprised to learn later that River fans would prefer to see Boca lose to a foreign team rather than see an Argentine team beat a Chilean team. Quite the rivalry these two teams have going here.

I'm not sure what would be easier... getting Muslims and Jews to live together in harmony in Jerusalem or getting Boca and River fans to sit together in a soccer stadium without barbed wire separating them. It's probably a toss up...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Turribeach.com.ar said...

I'm not sure what would be easier... getting Muslims and Jews to live together in harmony in Jerusalem or getting Boca and River fans to sit together in a soccer stadium without barbed wire separating them. It's probably a toss up...

Neither of them is possible. ;-)

4/04/2005 05:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home