Work Abroad but earn in USD

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Nightlife in Buenos Aires

I received an e-mail from a reader asking about the nightlife in Buenos Aires. As always, question and then answer.

Reader's Comment

I just started visiting South America in the last year. In about an 8-month timeframe I have been to Medellin, Colombia four times and Panama City once. I caught the Latin America bug. I feel the energy when I am there and I love learning new languages and experiencing different cultures.

I am thinking of doing some import/export with Argentina and that is how I stumbled across your great site. I am thinking of opening lounges/clubs too. Can you tell me what the nightlife is like? I have read from some formal sites that it is great. Do you LOVE living in Buenos Aires? Does the city has a great vibe?

Nightlife in Buenos Aires

I would not at all hesitate to say that Buenos Aires has a great nightlife. In fact, it would be more accurate to call it an early-morning life. People think nothing of staying out until the sun rises. I remember being out at a bar with a business partner and his then-girlfriend. We were doing tequila shots until 3:00 AM and having a good time. At this point I was finished for the night. They took me back to my hotel and I figured they were done for the night, but no. I learned later that they were out until 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning, still partying it up.

Last year, during our annual company get together, I took everyone to Bar 6 in Palermo Viejo. I believe we arrived around 10:00 PM or so and there was no waiting. By 12:30 AM, when we were leaving, there was a huge queue of people waiting to get in. People stay out late in Buenos Aires. The city is abuzz with activity all night long. It is certainly a different experience for me.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I read your entire blog tonight and it was a ton of help. I am moving to Buenos Aires on May 17th just a few days after you but I have never been. I am excited to see what happens.

4/28/2005 04:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home