Work Abroad but earn in USD

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Bought My Apartment

Well, its been a long time since my last entry, but I finished the purchase of my apartment last week and received the keys. I actually felt like I was in a B movie during the closing -- it was quite hilarious. The seller literally sat across me and we both watched as someone counted the huge stack of cash for the amount of the purchase.

The money left with a guard in a bulletproof vest and went straight to an armored truck that was waiting outside. I can't stress enough to anyone considering buying an apartment here that it is very important to have the closing at your bank. This lets you take the money right out of your account or safe deposit box and give the cash directly to the seller right there in the bank. If you close somewhere else, you'll have to either carry the cash yourself to the location or hire someone else to carry the cash for you -- not a good situation.

In the end, everything turned out fine and it was a smooth closing for all parties. Now I just need to furnish the place and I can move in.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Turribeach.com.ar said...

Well done. Congratulations!

7/18/2005 04:08:00 AM  
Blogger familiaoconnell said...

Felicitaciones y buena suerte!

7/18/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger ABA said...

Congratulations El Expatriado! A job well done. You did the entire process correctly and you got a wonderful apartment. Kudos.

7/18/2005 11:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home